How To Unversion A TortoiseSVN Folder

Sharing a fun little hack I just discovered!

When trying to unversion a TortoiseSVN folder, we can do it in two ways:
1. Iterate recursively over folders and subfolders to remove the .svn folder, OR:
2. Right-click on a working copy and choose “Export…” from the context menu. When asked to choose a library, select the same library as the working copy.

This will overwrite the versioned copy with a clean, unversioned one, effectively unversioning the project!

More details at the TortoiseSVN site

Django Dynamic Formset JQuery Library

Django Dynamic Formset JQuery Library

I spent a while searching for a code snippet that would allow the user to dynamically add fields to a form. For instance, if you want to enter several individual items, but don’t know in advance how many…

The perfect snippet eventually led me to a full-fledged jQuery library, for Javascript over Django. Check it out!

Django Template Error – Reverse Template Not Found

Running into a strange django error:

“Reverse for ” with arguments ‘()’ and keyword arguments ‘{}’ not found. ”

This error appeared mysteriously when porting a working project from one computer to another. The first computer was running Python 2.7.1, the second – Python 2.7.2. All other project settings were identical.

For the original computer (Python 2.7.1), the following settings:
base.html:

<a href="{% url 'display_rulelist' %}"><span class="numbertxt"> Rule List </span>

urls.py:

url(r'^rulelist/$', rulelist.views.display_rulelist,  name = 'display_rulelist')

worked correctly, with no errors. These did NOT work for Python 2.7.2!

For the new computer (Python 2.7.2),
base.html:

<a href="{% url display_rulelist %}"><span class="numbertxt"> Rule List </span>

removing the apostrophes solved the problem.

I tried going back to the first version and removing the apostrophes as well, but after making the change – the first project no longer worked.

All I can recommend: when running into this error, try both versions!

EDITED:

It was pointed out to me (see comments below) that the url formatting was updated between django 1.4.x and django 1.5. I had completely overlooked that the django versions were different, but so they were: the first project had run django 1.5, and the second: django 1.4.3. Beware of old django versions, users-who-work-on-more than one computer! BEWAAAARE!