If you’re working behind a proxy server, you may run into some unexpected issues when configuring a work environment with Python and Eclipse. Here are some quick fixes:
Configuring the proxy server in Eclipse:
- Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network Settings.
- Set the Active Provider drop-down box to Manual.
- Edit the HTTP entry in the Proxy Settings list.
- Fill in the proxy server and port number (user name and password if necessary).
- And here’s MKYong’s long version, with screenshots!
Configuring the proxy server for other tasks, like easy_install:
Set an environmental variable:
(The %20‘s are only needed if you happen to have spaces in your password.)